The Lampstand Foundation’s imprint, Chulu Press, has published its ninth book, “The Lampstand Foundation: It takes a Reformed Criminal to Reform Criminals”, by David H. Lukenbill; and it is now available, (free to members of the Lampstand Foundation, contact David H. Lukenbill at firstname.lastname@example.org for membership information) or for sale at Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/The-Lampstand-Foundation-Reformed-Criminals/dp/0989242927/ref=sr
As we have discontinued our website due to too much time required, not enough technical proficiency to update effectively—due to a buy-out of the original hosting company—and financial cost; this book is our new hardcopy version of the discontinued website, and the book will be updated every few years.
The paperback book is also easy to send to people in prison who have no access to the web.
Excerpt: Chapter One
The Lampstand Foundation is a 501 c (3) nonprofit corporation founded by David H. Lukenbill in Sacramento, California in 2003 as a lay apostolate built on the social teaching of the Catholic Church, to provide leadership development tools for community & prison apostolates, managed by reformed criminals working to reform criminals.
Inspiring criminals who have transformed their lives, secured college degrees, and returned home to Rome; to show others the transformative path, and how the pain of suffering can become the power of teaching.
To transform the repentant criminal, suffering from his distance from God, into a deep knowledge leader who can teach other criminals the path to redemption through the Catholic Church.
Our Core Beliefs
Suffering transformed builds souls. Just as the muscle tissue tearing that leads to greater physical muscle growth resulting from body building, suffering is soul tearing which, through redemption, allows soul growth.
1) Deep knowledge leadership: college-educated, transformed criminals, professionally trained to manage criminal transformative organizations; will dramatically improve the effectiveness of criminal transformation.
2) Catholic social thought forms the intellectual and spiritual foundation of criminal transformation.
3) Grassroots criminal transformation organizations need ongoing access to capacity building services.
4) Business and professional leadership, working to create community social capital through the transformation of criminals, will benefit from gaining knowledge about Catholic social thought.
We want to facilitate the leadership development of penitential criminals whose personal transformation, education, and reconciliation or conversion to Catholicism has inspired them to seek graduate degrees, professional organizational training, social teaching training, and assume a leadership role in the community helping other criminals transform their lives.
1) To inspire educated and transformed criminals who are baptized Catholics and want to help others, gain a graduate college education and professional training.
2) To provide capacity building tools to criminal transforming organizations about Catholic social teaching, start-up planning, strategic planning, fund development, board development, communications & marketing, and for profit business development.
3) To educate the business and professional community about the leadership capability of educated, transformed criminals and the use of Catholic social teaching as a transformative tool. (pp. 9-11)